Join the YouthLine Team!
By volunteering with YouthLine, you will give help and hope to peers going through a hard time.
Maybe you’ve been there before.
Maybe you know what it’s like to struggle with mental health, to feel alone, or to be broken up with.
Maybe you just want to help others.
With all the training and supervision you get, you will feel well supported in helping your peers be healthy and stay safe.
As a YouthLine Peer Crisis Intervention Specialist, in one 3.5 hour shift per week, you’ll answer phone calls, texts, and chats from other teens who call our helpline. Shifts run every day from 4:00-7:30pm or 6:30-10:00pm. You’ll also participate in outreach activities, such as classroom education, tabling, or speaking at an event.
What does it take?
To be a volunteer, you must:
- Be age 15-20
- Live in the Central Oregon Tri-County Area or the Portland Metro Area
- Commit to volunteering with YouthLine for at least one year
- Complete all orientation and training requirements, which include:
- 3-hour orientation, including a brief applicant interview
- 55 hours of training and shadowing
Ready to get started?
To find out if volunteering is right for you or to initiate the process, email YouthL@linesforlife.org.
Upcoming YouthLine Trainings
Central Oregon Tri-County Area
- Orientation: January 8, 2019
- Training: January 18 – January 21, 2019
Portland Metro Area
- Orientation: March 14
- Training: March 24 – March 29
Early Summer 2019
- Orientation: June 13
- Training June 23 – June 28
Mid Summer 2019
- Orientation: July 11
- Training: July 21 – July 26