Join the YouthLine Team!
Why volunteer? Maybe you’ve been there before. Maybe you know what it’s like to struggle with mental health, to feel alone, or to be broken up with. Maybe you just want to help others. By volunteering with YouthLine, you will give help and hope to peers going through a hard time.
With all the training and clinical supervision you get, you will feel well supported in helping your peers be healthy and stay safe. For more information, text ‘ORVol’ to 85511 or email us at YouthL@linesforlife.org!
YouthLine offers two volunteering positions!
1. For people ages 15-20: YouthLine Peer Crisis Intervention Specialists spend 3.5 hours per week on shift answering phone calls, texts, chats, and emails from other teens throughout the nation who contact our crisis, support, and help line. Shifts run from 4:00-7:15pm or 6:45-10:00pm PST, daily. You’ll also have the opportunity to participate in outreach activities, such as classroom education, tabling, or speaking at an event.
2. For people ages 21+: YouthLine Coaching Volunteers spend 6.5 hours per week on shift mentoring teen YouthLine Peer Crisis Intervention Specialists, providing support to Masters-level Supervsiors, and answering phone calls, texts, chats, and emails from teens throughout the nation who contact our crisis, support, and help line. Shifts run from 3:45-10:00pm PST.
What’s it take?
To volunteer with YouthLine, you must:
- Be 15+ years old
- Live in the Portland Metro or Central Oregon Tri-County areas
- Commit to volunteering with YouthLine for at least one year
- Complete all orientation and training requirements, which include:
- 2-hour orientation (see below for upcoming orientation dates!)
- Applicant interview
- 63 hours of training and shadowing
Upcoming Orientation Dates:
April 8, May 13, June 10, July 8, August 12, September 9, October 14, November 11, December 9
Upcoming Training Dates:
June 20-25 and July 10
July 18-23 and August 7
August 15-20 and August 28
December 19-24 and January 8
Can’t make any of these trainings? No problem, we’ll be offering more!
Ready to get started?
Text ‘ORVol’ to 85511 or email us at YouthL@linesforlife.org!