YouthLine serves as a resource for your students and youth who are struggling and could use extra support through life’s rough patches. We operate a crisis and help line answered by local teens, and we provide peer-supported outreach in the community to destigmatize mental health challenges, increase awareness for mental health and wellness, and encourage youth to reach out for help.
- Check out our Suicide Prevention, Intervention, Postvention: Step by Step Guide
- Find out more about Community Outreach and Classroom Education
- View and order YouthLine materials
- Find out more information on available trainings for Teachers and Administration by emailing YouthL@linesforlife.org:
- Mental Health 101
- Building Resiliency and Understanding TOT
In recognition of the impact that the COVID-19 pandemic is having on our schools, Lines for Life has also launched the Student Suicide Assessment Line (SSAL), which is a crisis support line available for school personnel. If a school does not have the resources to conduct safety assessments for a student, a staff member can call the SSAL and a master’s-level clinician trained in suicide intervention can assist. SSAL clinicians can provide consultation, assess students directly, and collaborate with school staff to create a safety plan. The number for the Student Suicide Assessment Line is 503-575-3760, open Monday-Friday, 8:30AM-4:30PM.